Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Basics of Right Wing - Left Wing Ideology

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:11 pm

Right Wing - Left Wing Ideology

At it's most basic level
Right Wing:

Individual rights

Conservatism

Consider right-wing policies as a generally "conservative" political view. Conservatism is currently the most right-wing branch of political thought in the United States, though what conservatism actually is only become harder to define. Currently, conservationism and right-wing ideologies are generally used interchangeably in conversation, and you can usually assume conservatives will consider themselves as "right-wing" and vice versa. Both believe:

A smaller government is a stronger government.
    Free, unregulated markets create the most wealth.
    Strong moral, traditional, and religious values are key to a strong nation.
    They Favor not to give any special status to minority thus believed in equal opportunity.
People on the right believe that the best outcome for society is achieved when individual rights and civil liberties are paramount and the role — and especially the power — of the government is minimized.

Left Wing:

Complete government control

Communism

Consider left-wing policies as a generally "liberal" view. Liberalism has been redefined many times over the years, but most people today use it almost synonymously with left-wing ideology. As such, most people will consider themselves both left-wing and liberal at the same time. Both believe that:

A large, central government is essential to run the country smoothly.
    The free market gives too much power to businesses, and must be regulated to ensure consumers are treated fairly.
    The government must actively protect the rights of ethnic minorities and at-risk populations.
    They were in favor of Equality in society in terms of Status and wealth.
Left-wing beliefs are liberal in that they believe society is best served with an expanded role for the government.
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Basics of Right Wing - Left Wing Ideology

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:49 pm

I must be Right Wing because I believe equal opportunities for everyone :ymhug:

I do NOT believe in separating ethnic minorities and giving them different treatment - separate treatment would make people feel DIFFERENT and possibly inferior

Nor do I believe in greater government control - I think BIG BROTHER has more than enough control over us

Left Wing believe in ABORTION

Right Wing do NOT believe in ABORTION

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ABORTION

Unless someone has been raped or the health of mother or baby is at risk there is NO justifiable reason to MURDER an unborn child X(

Among my MANY and VARIED training courses, I trained in SEX EDUCATION and FAMILY PLANNING

If a woman does not wish to have a baby there are enough contraceptives on the market to prevent conception taking place
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:22 am

Please click to enlarge

Nineteen Eighty-Four, often published as 1984, is a dystopian novel by English writer George Orwell published in June 1949.

The novel is set in the year 1984 when most of the world population have become victims of perpetual war, omnipresent government surveillance and propaganda.

In the novel, Great Britain ("Airstrip One") has become a province of a superstate named Oceania. Oceania is ruled by the "Party", who employ the "Thought Police" to persecute individualism and independent thinking.

The Party's leader is Big Brother, who enjoys an intense cult of personality but may not even exist. The protagonist of the novel, Winston Smith, is a rank-and-file Party member. Smith is an outwardly diligent and skilful worker, but he secretly hates the Party and dreams of rebellion against Big Brother. Smith rebels by entering a forbidden relationship with fellow employee Julia.

As literary political fiction and dystopian science-fiction, Nineteen Eighty-Four is a classic novel in content, plot, and style. Many of its terms and concepts, such as Big Brother, doublethink, thoughtcrime, Newspeak, Room 101, telescreen, 2 + 2 = 5, and memory hole, have entered into common usage since its publication in 1949.

Nineteen Eighty-Four popularised the adjective Orwellian, which connotes official deception, secret surveillance, brazenly misleading terminology and manipulation of recorded history by a totalitarian or authoritarian state. In 2005, the novel was chosen by Time magazine as one of the 100 best English-language novels from 1923 to 2005. It was awarded a place on both lists of Modern Library 100 Best Novels, reaching number 13 on the editors

Read the book - watch the film - see what a totalitarian government is like

In the UK we are already losing our rights and Big Brother watches everything we say and do online

I want to live in a country where all are equal - I am tired of the Loony Left causing problems for us all with their political correctness

I am NOT a number I am a FREE MAN (The Prisoner)

People who come to this country to live MUST comply to the SAME laws as everyone else here - does that make me RIGHT WING :ymdevil:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed May 15, 2019 9:02 am

Alabama passes bill banning abortion

Alabama lawmakers have passed a bill to outlaw abortion in almost all cases, the strictest such US law

The state Senate approved the law by 25 votes to six, rejecting exemptions for cases of rape or incest.

It will now go to Republican Governor Kay Ivey. She has not said whether she will sign it, but she is seen as a strong opponent of abortion.

Restrictions on abortion rights have already been introduced this year in 16 US states.

Activists hope the new Alabama law will challenge a landmark 1973 Supreme Court ruling that legalised abortion in the US.

The bill had been passed 74-3 earlier this month in Alabama's House of Representatives.

Abortion would only be allowed in certain circumstances to safeguard the mother's health.

The National Organization for Women called the ban "unconstitutional" and said it was "a transparent effort to drum up political support for anti-abortion candidates in upcoming elections".

Staci Fox of Planned Parenthood Southeast Advocates called the decision "a dark day for women in Alabama and across this country".

Planned Parenthood should be just that, PLANNED, as in taking precautions to prevent conception or if necessary the morning after pill. NOT the slaughter of unborn. NOT the repeated use of abortions as a form of contraception.

In a statement she said Alabama politicians would "forever live in infamy for this vote and we will make sure that every woman knows who to hold accountable".

What do Alabama's politicians say about the new law?

Republican lawmaker Terri Collins, sponsor of the legislation, said: "Our bill says that baby in the womb is a person." :ymapplause:

Democratic state Senator Bobby Singleton said the bill "criminalises doctors" and was an attempt by men "to tell women what to do with their bodies".

Republican Senator Clyde Chambliss, a backer of the law, said it would enable the state "to go directly to the Supreme Court to challenge Roe versus Wade" (the 1973 ruling).

Before the debate began, Democrat Rodger Smitherman said: "We're telling a 12-year-old girl who, through incest and rape is pregnant, we are telling her that she doesn't have a choice."

I repeat, in cases such as rape there are morning after pills that prevent conception taking place

What does the bill do?

It goes further than legislation passed recently elsewhere in the US to ban abortion after a foetal heartbeat can be detected, usually around six weeks into a pregnancy.

Under the Alabama measure, provision of abortion at any stage in pregnancy would be a Class A felony.

Doctors could face 10 years in prison for attempting to terminate a pregnancy and 99 years for actually carrying out the procedure.

A woman who has an abortion would not be held criminally liable.

The bill would allow abortion in cases where the mother's life is at serious risk.

Its text says more foetuses have been aborted than people killed in "Stalin's gulags, Cambodian killing fields". Shocking but true

Why now?

Supporters of the legislation have welcomed an inevitable challenge in federal court if the measure becomes law. Pro-choice groups have pledged to take legal action against it.

The bill's architects expect it will be defeated in the lower courts, but hope it will end up before the Supreme Court.

Their aim ultimately is to overturn Roe v Wade.

Emboldened by the addition of two Trump-nominated conservative justices, anti-abortion activists are eager to take one of the most divisive issues in America back to the highest court in the land.

Eric Johnston, who founded the Alabama Pro-Life Coalition that helped draft the bill, told NPR: "The dynamic has changed.

"The judges have changed, a lot of changes over that time, and so I think we're at the point where we need to take a bigger and a bolder step."

What's the national picture?

If signed into law by Governor Ivey, the Alabama measure would become one of more than 300 laws challenging abortion access in the US.

The flurry of measures has led activists to warn that a swathe of US territory could become an "abortion desert."

At the other end of the political spectrum, a Democratic-sponsored bill in Virginia that would have allowed third-trimester abortions up until the point of childbirth failed to make it out of committee.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48275795
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed May 15, 2019 9:09 am

I admit it

I must be Right Wing

I believe ALL life is sacred
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Wed May 15, 2019 5:57 pm

Even bacteria ?
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed May 15, 2019 9:54 pm

Piling wrote:

Even bacteria ?

Only sentient beings/creatures

NOT invisible men :ymdevil:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Thu May 16, 2019 7:15 am

Anti-Abortion are generally pro death penalty, pro abortion are generally against capital punishment (may be excepted USA which is a very backward country :D )

So both sides claim to support their own vision of "Life is sacred".
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu May 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Piling wrote:Anti-Abortion are generally pro death penalty, pro abortion are generally against capital punishment (may be excepted USA which is a very backward country :D )

So both sides claim to support their own vision of "Life is sacred".

There has to be an alternative to the death penalty but what does one do with a mad ISIS jihadist X(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Return to Roj Bash Cafe