Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Food Room

a place for talking about food, specially Kurdish food recipes

Re: Food Room

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:28 pm

They must be related to the tiny wee jumping black spiders we have in the UK

But depending where people live, some people do have large spiders coming indoors

I do NOT like large spiders but they are attracted to me and tend to sit near me waiting for me to put them out

They seem to think I am some form of spider transport service :-s
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:52 am

How My Perfect Eyes banishes wrinkles

It's the anti-wrinkle cream that was deemed too good to be true

Cynics believed that it was impossible that My Perfect Eyes could fulfil claims that their $40 cream could banish wrinkles in just seconds.

But when UK watchdogs investigated complaints that commercials for the product made outlandish assertions that couldn't possibly be true, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) ruled that these claims were indeed accurate.

My Perfect Eyes is clinically proven to erase the appearance of unwanted wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles without the need for expensive and painful treatments

And now the My Perfect Eyes cream is making waves in the US and across the world, with one cream sold every 60 seconds globally.

The invisible concealer, which is currently on sale at $39.99 down from $69.95, is clinically proven to erase the appearance of unwanted wrinkles, fine lines and dark circles without the need for expensive and painful treatments, and within a minute.

So it works as an ideal solution for women (and men) who want an instant, transformative lift from a product they can apply at home, avoiding the need to visit a clinic and deal with needles or other invasive treatments.

The cream has also been shown to tackle the appearance of puffiness and under-eye bags.

It effectively creates an invisible veil across the under eye area, masking wrinkles and compressing puffiness.

In 2016, a television commercial for My Perfect Eyes aired in the UK featuring testimonials from customers and a voiceover making the claim that it 'appears to temporarily reverse time'.

A time lapse sequence showed the cream visibly tightening the bags under one eye over just 60 seconds.

Photographs of a woman 'before' and 'after' using the product showed that the puffiness under her eyes and her crow's feet wrinkles had decreased.

A UK dermatherapist, Dr Hugo Kitchen, was then heard praising the performance of the cream based on detailed before and after scans.

The manufacturer, My Perfect Cosmetics Company, presented evidence from a trial to verify the cream's effects.

A skin consultant also agreed that it worked. The ASA said: 'The consultant confirmed that the product contained ingredients which dried out when applied to the skin and formed a film.

'That process tightened the skin which made wrinkles appear to reduce dramatically. The consultant confirmed that those ingredients had an immediate effect, which was temporary, but its effect could last for several hours.'

The clinical trial involved a ten-hour study with 24 people where one eye was treated with the cream and the other was not.

The ASA said: 'The study reported an improvement in a significant majority of subjects with fine lines and wrinkles, as well as swelling.

GET THE BEST DEAL ON MY PERFECT EYES

My Perfect Eyes is currently at its best price ever. The 10g product is just $39.99, containing 100 applications.

Upgrade to the 20g, 200 application bottle for $66.95 and receive a FREE My Perfect Night containing the super ingredient Ameliox worth $29.99.

The $89.95 deluxe trio offer includes the 200g My Perfect Eyes cream, as well as a FREE My Perfect Night and a HALF PRICE My Perfect Day cream.

'In addition, the study showed that in 50 per cent of the subjects, the treated eye was assessed to be "markedly better" than the control eye, at all three time points.

'We considered the effects seen were down to use of the product.'

In a ruling published shortly after, the ASA said: 'We concluded the claim made by Dr Kitchen, which was accompanied by the "before and after" photos, did not misleadingly exaggerate the effects of the cream.'

The cream has notched up hundreds of glowing reviews on the My Perfect Cosmetics Company website, with customers praising its effectiveness.

One shopper wrote: 'I thought the perfect eyes wouldn't work but it really does and I'm thrilled with how it does, got rid of my eye bags without having to have surgery, I use it every time I go out.'

Another raved: 'Very impressed...definitely works for me.. I am 55 with dreadful crow's feet. Happy with the result of wrinkles disappearing.. Bonus for me is it also works on my permanent frown line.'

The 10g cream that is currently on sale for $39.99 contains enough product for roughly 100 applications.

Customers can also upgrade to the 20g, 200 application bottle and receive a free My Perfect Night cream worth $29.99.

As well as My Perfect Eyes and My Perfect Night, the My Perfect Cosmetics Company produces a number of other skincare products. This includes My Perfect Facial, another anti-aging treatment that tightens, firms and tones the skin, which currently sells for $39.99.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... nkles.html

I need to bathe in this =))
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:38 pm

Dialing Down the Grim Reaper Gene

Only about 1 in 10,000 people live to be a 100 years old. What’s their secret? I discuss this in my video Animal Protein Compared to Cigarette Smoking

In 1993, a major breakthrough in longevity research was published about a single genetic mutation that doubled the lifespan of a tiny roundworm. Instead of all worms being dead by 30 days, the mutants lived 60 days or longer. This lifespan extension was “the largest yet reported in any organism.” This methuselah worm, a “medical marvel,” is “the equivalent of a healthy 200-year-old human.” All because of a single mutation? That shouldn’t happen. Presumably, aging is caused by multiple processes, affected by many genes. How could knocking out a single gene double lifespan?

What is this aging gene—a gene that so speeds up aging that if it’s knocked out, the animals live twice as long? It’s been called the Grim Reaper gene and is the worm equivalent of the human insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) receptor. Mutations of that same receptor in humans may help explain why some people live to be a hundred and other people don’t.

So, is it just the luck of the draw whether we got good genes or bad ones? No, we can turn on and off the expression of these genes, depending on what we eat. Years ago I profiled a remarkable series of experiments about IGF-1, a cancer-promoting growth hormone released in excess amounts by our liver when we eat animal protein. Men and women who don’t eat meat, egg white, or dairy proteins have significantly lower levels of IGF-1 circulating within their bodies, and switching people to a plant-based diet can significantly lower IGF-1 levels within just 11 days, markedly improving the ability of women’s bloodstreams to suppress breast cancer cell growth and then kill off breast cancer cells.

Similarly, the blood serum of men on a plant-based diet suppresses prostate cancer cell growth about eight times better than before they changed their diet. However, this dramatic improvement in cancer defenses is abolished if just the amount of IGF-1 banished from their systems as a result of eating and living healthier is added back. This is one way to explain the low rates of cancer among plant-based populations: The drop in animal protein intake leads to a drop in IGF-1, which in turn leads to a drop in cancer growth. The effect is so powerful that Dr. Dean Ornish and colleagues appeared to be able to reverse the progression of early-stage prostate cancer without chemotherapy, surgery, or radiation—just a plant-based diet and lifestyle program.

When we’re kids, we need growth hormones to grow. There’s a rare genetic defect that causes severe IGF-1 deficiency, leading to a type of dwarfism. It also apparently makes you effectively cancer-proof. A study reported not a single death from cancer in about 100 individuals with IGF-1 deficiency. What about 200 individuals? None developed cancer. Most malignant tumors are covered in IGF-1 receptors, but if there’s no IGF-1 around, they may not be able to grow and spread.

This may help explain why lives appear to be cut short by eating low-carb diets. It’s not just any low-carb diet, though. Specifically, low-carb diets based on animal sources appear to be the problem, whereas vegetable-based low-carb diets were associated with a lower risk of death. But low-carb diets are high in animal fat as well as animal protein, so how do we know the saturated animal fat wasn’t killing off people and it had nothing to do with the protein? What we need is a study that follows a few thousand people and their protein intakes for 20 years or so, and sees who lives longest, who gets cancer, and who doesn’t. But, there had never been a study like that…until now.

Six thousand men and women over age 50 from across the United States were followed for 18 years, and those under age 65 with high protein intakes had a 75 percent increase in overall mortality and a fourfold increase in the risk of dying from cancer. Does it matter what type of protein? Yes. “These associations were either abolished or attenuated if the proteins were plant derived,” which makes sense given the higher IGF-1 levels in those eating excess protein.

The sponsoring university sent out a press release with a memorable opening line: “That chicken wing you’re eating could be as deadly as a cigarette.” It explained that “eating a diet rich in animal proteins during middle age makes you four times more likely to die of cancer than someone with a low-protein diet—a mortality risk factor comparable to smoking.” And when they say “low-protein diet,” what they actually mean is getting the recommended amount of protein.

“Almost everyone is going to have a cancer cell or pre-cancer cell in them at some point. The question is: Does it progress?” said one of the lead researchers. That may depend on what we eat.

“[T]he question is not whether a certain diet allows you to do well for three days,” a researcher noted, “but can it help you survive to be 100?” Excessive protein consumption isn’t only “linked to a dramatic rise in cancer mortality, but middle-aged people who eat lots of proteins from animal sources…are also more susceptible to early death in general.” Crucially, the same didn’t apply to plant proteins like beans, and it wasn’t the fat; the animal protein appeared to be the culprit.

What was the response to the revelation that diets high in meat, eggs, and dairy could be as harmful to health as smoking? One nutrition scientist replied that it was potentially dangerous because it could “damage the effectiveness of important public health messages.” Why? Because a smoker might think “why bother quitting smoking if my cheese and ham sandwich is just as bad for me?”

This reminds me of a famous Philip Morris cigarette ad that tried to downplay the risks of smoking by saying that if we think second-hand smoke is bad, increasing the risk of lung cancer 19 percent, drinking one or two glasses of milk every day may be three times as bad with a 62 percent higher risk of lung cancer. What’s more, doubling the risk is frequently cooking with oil, tripling our risk of heart disease is eating non-vegetarian, and multiplying our risk six-fold is eating lots of meat and dairy. So, they conclude, “Let’s keep a sense of perspective.” The ad goes on to say that the risk of cancer from second-hand smoke may be “well below the risk reported…for many everyday items and activities.” So, breathe deep!

That’s like saying we shouldn’t worry about getting stabbed because getting shot is so much worse. Or, if we don’t wear seatbelts, we might as well have unprotected sex. If we go bungee jumping, we might as well disconnect our smoke alarms at home. Two risks don’t make a right.

Of course, you’ll note Philip Morris stopped throwing dairy under the bus once they purchased Kraft Foods.

The IGF-1 story is so pivotal that it’s one of the first video series I ever produced for NutritionFacts.org. I’m so glad I was able to release this long-awaited update. If you want a blast from the past, watch the original series starting with Engineering a Cure.

https://nutritionfacts.org/2019/07/11/d ... a3MRbaZlmA
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:39 pm

Lifestyle changes that could
lower your dementia risk

Nearly everyone can lower their risk of dementia, even if it runs in the family, by living a healthy lifestyle, research suggests

The study of nearly 200,000 people showed the risk fell by up to a third.

The team at the University of Exeter said the results were exciting, empowering and showed people were not doomed to get dementia.

The findings were revealed at the Alzheimer's Association International Conference.

What counts as a healthy lifestyle?

The researchers gave people a healthy lifestyle score based on a combination of exercise, diet, alcohol and smoking.

This is an example of someone who scored well:

Doesn't currently smoke
    Cycles at normal pace for two-and-a-half hours a week
    Eats a balanced diet that includes more than three portions of fruit and vegetables a day
    eats fish twice a week and rarely eats processed meat
    Drinks up to one pint of beer a day
And an unhealthy one?

Currently smokes regularly
    Does no regular exercise
    Eats a diet that includes less than three servings of fruit and vegetables a week
    includes two or more servings of processed meat and of red meat a week
    Drinks at least three pints of beer a day
How easy is it to do?

Sue Taylor, 62, from Exeter, has seen the impact of dementia on a family - both her mother and grandmother had the disease.

She takes exercise classes in the park three times a week - even in winter - and has a 45-minute walk before work.

"It takes a lot of effort, you have to think about it and make it fit in," she told me.

But she says it's worth it, especially for her grandchildren.

"I just want to keep my brain as sharp as possible for as long as possible. I don't want them to miss out on having grandparents both physically and mentally," she said.

So how big a difference did lifestyle make?

The study followed 196,383 people from the age of 64 for about eight years.

It analysed people's DNA to assess their genetic risk of developing the disease.

The study showed there were 18 cases of dementia per 1,000 people if they were born with high risk genes and then led an unhealthy lifestyle.

But that went down to 11 per 1,000 people during the study if those high-risk people had a healthy lifestyle.

It doesn't seem like a big difference?

The figures might seem small, but that is because your mid-60s are relatively young in terms of dementia.

The researchers say cutting dementia rates by a third would have a profound impact in older age groups where the disease is more common.

"It could equate to hundreds of thousands of people," Dr David Llewellyn, told the BBC.

Also, this type of research cannot definitively prove that lifestyle causes different risks of dementia. It simply spots patterns in the data.

But the results, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, fit with previous research and World Health Organization advice.

Can I dodge dementia completely?

Sadly, you can live the life of a saint and still get the disease. Lifestyle just changes the odds.

However, there are still no drugs to change the course of this disease.

Reducing your chances is all anyone can do.

Does this apply to everybody?

The findings may not apply to people with very early onset dementia that starts when people are in the 40s and 50s, say the researchers.

But they think their results would apply to people in older age groups when dementia gets more common.

The researchers say the study applies to dementia in general rather than specific forms of the disease like Alzheimer's or vascular dementia.

What is the key message?

"Even if you're worried about dementia, maybe you've got a family history yourself, what our research suggests is it doesn't matter, Dr David Llewellyn, told the BBC.

"You're still likely to lower your own risk of dementia substantially if you change to a healthy lifestyle.

"That's really empowering."

Fellow researcher Dr Elzbieta Kuzma said it was the first time anyone had shown you could counteract an inherited risk of dementia and the findings were "exciting".

What do the experts say?

Fiona Carragher, from the Alzheimer's Society, commented: "With one person developing dementia every three minutes in the UK, knowing how to lower our dementia risk couldn't be more vital.

"So hit that salad bar, swap a cocktail for a mocktail and get your exercise kit on!"

Dr Carol Routledge, from Alzheimer's Research UK, said the findings were "important".

"This is yet more evidence that there are things we can all do to reduce our risk of developing dementia, yet research suggests that only 34% of adults think that this is possible.

"While we can't change the genes we inherit, this research shows that changing our lifestyle can still help to stack the odds in our favour."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-48963215
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Sadly, you can live the life of a saint and still get the disease.

And had a boring life for nuts :lol:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:28 pm

Life should never be boring ;)

I would hate to forget all the mischievous and often evil things I have done and am still doing :ymdevil:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Previous

Return to Food